





It has been 11 years today since we were married, and 12 years to our first date. I have been so happy and so fortunate to find someone like Stephen. He is my rock, my best friend, and my lover..yes, I said it. We met one night in July "06 at my good friend's apartment. Destiny, Stacy and Amy were so kind to let me spend the night as often as needed. This night I was preparing for a fun next day at spring river with my wal-mart buddies. That is where I worked at the time. I tried to go to sleep early since we were heading out at the crack of dawn. I was awaken by someone yelling up the stairs. He was shouting, "Can we have some of your DRINKS?" I, in my dis-orientedness, went downstairs to say "NO WAY BRO!" to my future husband. I wasn't attracted to him at first b/c I was casually dating. I remembered thinking he was so dark and had a great laugh. We started talking and didn't finish until late into the night. He was so funny, and funny in a way that I got it, and maybe no one else would.
I got his number and actually called him at the state police office where he worked. We talked alot and made a date to play golf together. I thought it was so funny that he wore a wife beater tank w/ jersey shorts and M-andels to golf in. Well, we clicked and our next date was to Stephanie Davis' first wedding. He looked sharp that day and even sported the very in Raybans. I was smitten. I met someone that was funny and nice and sweet and played golf and had manners. What else could you ask for?
Our dating lasted 3 months before he proposed. I said yes right away and we started planning our wedding. My parents and family loved him too. We were married first out of all our close friends and the last to start having babies. (I say that like we are not finished!!:) )
The first picture was at his apartment, and we are both wearing my favorite shade of raspberry lipstick. kissy-kissy.
The next picture is our family date. He got to meet my family at the Memphis zoo. check out our attire. We were so in style. Look how young we look. STephen has hair.
The next picture is Christmas 1996. I look drugged. I'm not sure why. Stephen is sporting cool Christmas themed suspenders.
Next, we having wedding day pics. Josh catching my garter, and the girls wishing us off. I forgot who even came to my wedding. Amy B. you were there!!!! Billy Pool, Candalee Wrenfrow, Julie Rich, and Destiny and Stace. I had legs for days in that dress, and I was showing off my Adrienne Vendreitti scarf!!
I love these pictures!!

5 comments:
Sorry, I got the pictures in the wrong order. Sorry. Heather
I LOVE that you posted a kissy-kissy picture! I need that kind of nerve. You were at Stephanie Davis' first wedding? Some day I will tell you about the first time you and I met. I actually remember it because of something you said ...
How funny! The first time I saw you and Steven together, you were sitting close at the top of the stairs in our apartment. I remember whispering to Destiny "Are they hooking up?"
Your wedding was so sweet, I loved the old church with creeky wooden floors and pews. I loved your Ann Taylor yellow bridesmaid dresses - so you! Happy Anniversary - wish I had remembered the date and I would have told you that earlier today:)
I also love how skinny and tan I look in that picture outside at your wedding!
You are soooo gross. Why did you have to say lovers? Now I'm going to have that mental image in my head all day!!! Oh well, you were rockin' that pink scarf around your neck at your wedding!
Like it took YOU any kind of NERVE to say lovers... and I think you forgot a title on your man's list of qualities.... HELICOPTER DANCER. I have a picture on my blog that goes with this post for you. I can't believe that you didn't display the picture of Josh with the garter wrapped around his big noggin! What a goob! I remember your wedding day and how hot I was and how badly my feet hurt, oh yeah, and how happy I was for you!
Post a Comment