Thursday, January 22, 2009

24 hours

My kids have both been congested for a few days. A little stuffy nose here, a little cough there, a little runny nose here, a watery eye there. I was cool with it, until last night. Wyatt starts to lay around and says he is very cold. And guess what? He has a very low grade fever. It's ok, I put some Tylenol in a little sip of coke (a huge treat for him..we don't allow sodas). By morning, he is perfect. BUT I do not send him to school b/c it has not been 24 hours since his fever. I do however send Holly. The school called and said she was not running fever, but she said her head hurt and she wanted to lay down. I went to pick her up, it was pitiful. I love her teachers. I feel good every time I drop the kids off. They are so kind to her and even me!! She was so limp, and just laid her head over on her car seat. We were almost home, when I looked in the mirror and she was gagging. Yes, she threw up!! It was only snot..b/c she had not eaten anything all day. Thank goodness it was not stomach flu...just a little gaggy w/ the snot. I don't blame her. I really thought she was over it. She hasn't coughed in 2 days, and her nose hasn't been running. So where pray tell did this come from. My kids always get sick in weird ways. They have the symptoms first and then the fever. OR instead of a normal ear infection, Holly will get an outer ear infection, and her ear will swell up like an elf's ear!!!
I have a worry wart personality and it stresses me to the max when my kids are sick. Invest in Lysol and Lysol wipes and use generously!!
AMEN

2 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

You forgot to say, "In Jesus name". AND... not to be too self-centered, but........ she HAS to feel better by tomorrow night!!!!!!

Amy Barrett said...

Eva Grace and Ella have had the same thing! It clears up as fast as it comes on, very weird. I hope your kids are about over it now. Sorry they are sick!