Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday Memory



These pictures are so funny to me. I love how when HOlly was born (2 years ago, april)she looked like a little old man. No hair on top. It actually took forever for it to grow in. The other picture is of me getting ready to push. I love having babies. Sorry, to my friends that had it ruff!!!!
Last night Holly did not want to go to bed. Stephen took her to her room, and I could hear her screaming over the monitor. I could sense that Stephen was getting frustrated so I went in there with my shadow (wyatt) following. He stays up a little later than her, and I think she is starting to take notice. Well, anyway she did not want in her room at all. So, I took her in the den and turned all the lights off and we listened to her kindermusik cd. It helps to wind her down. So picture this. Mommy holding Holly, and Wyatt sitting practically on top of me, squished into the corner of the love seat,sitting in the dark, staring at Stephen across the room....and then Wyatt says "Mommy will you please put your arm around me?" Ok, I don't think we could have been any closer to each other. I smiled and said of course, while my guts were being smashed out of my body. I guess sometimes, mommy just makes it better. Why? I'm not sure.
The story goes on until after 11pm. I finally took the screaming girl to her room, and daddy took screaming wyatt to his. (he wanted me to take him. I think he calmed down, when I told stephen to show him something cool on the computer..dang computers!)
Needless to say, I am tired.
OUT

5 comments:

Stacy said...

I couldn't tell if that was Holly or Wyatt! I am with you in the enjoying childbirth category.. I mean don't get me wrong... I love epidurals and childbirth together... don't know any other way!

Heather said...

Well, with Holly I didn't quite have the edidural thing, but I still loved it! I loved it that I could handle it..and was ok.

Amy Barrett said...

I love the birthin' baby thing too. Awh, and meeting them for the first time as they put them on your chest.... ok time to stop thinking about this, these happy emotions are always followed by sad emotions... it all goes by so fast.

I love that your face isn't swollen AT ALL in the labor picture. And you were smiling that calmly with no epidural??? Impressive.

Heather said...

I did get a spinal, but Holly was already hangning out! ha! That's what happens when you labor at home. don't do it, go to the hospital!!

The Westbrook's Waltzes said...

Thank you ladies for such encouraging words as I prepare for my first birth. It really is nice to read comments like these.