Wednesday, August 20, 2008

school shopping

Well today was a great day!! This morning we took the kids to see Elmo. (when I say we, I mean Crystal and I took Abby, Grady, Wyatt and Holly)It was fun. For the first hour, Holly just stared at the stage. Then that afternoon the kids and I loaded up to go for our monthly visit to kiddly toes. Holly's feet grow so fast. I'm going to quit buying shoes. I had her in 6 1/2 and she was an eight. Wyatt has been a size 9 9 1/2 for a year now. Lacy and Grady met us there, and he was wearing a 7 (i think) and he is now a 9 1/2. Crazy, I know. I try just to get their foot measured and leave w/out buying, but that never happens..... with hairbows and all!!
We then headed to Target to get Holly's school supplies. I still have yet to hear about Wyatt's teacher. Holly insisted on me carrying her and wouldn't sit in the cart. I let them both play on the toy aisle for 15 minutes before heading to the school section. It's hard to push a cart and hold one kid and talk on the phone and almost always someone will say "Is this your mommy?" b/c Wyatt has wandered off and I didn't notice. At the checkout lane, Holly took off running over to the snack shack or whatever it's called, so I ran over to grab her....in the mean time...wyatt had put two toys on the belt, to which I wasn't aware of until i heard the cashier say "Here ya go sweetie, here's your toys (yes TOYSSSS) So basically I paid for a batmobile and 2 hotwheel cars. He is such a terd.
Anyway, that was my eventful day. I am now listening to my husband give the kids a bath. Holly always gets on Wyatt's side and then their is squealing and then someone cries and then I have to step in. I think I am leaning towards single bath time. We just are really trying to conserve! :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Funny stories, Heather! Wyatt's pretty sneaky for a 4 yr. old, it sounds!

Danna Ramsey said...

my word, that is exactly what mine do in the tub - fight over "sides". Argh!

Jenny said...

Mine fight over who's in the front of the tub... I don't know why, because whoever's in front just keeps hitting their head on the faucet!

Amy Barrett said...

woo hoo, someone's house is as chaotic as mine! Thanks for the post, I feel better knowing that others share the same frustrations as me.