Saturday, June 28, 2008

AT LAST, and without therapy!!


My son finally pooped in the potty. He has been terrified of the potty. Well, except for peeing. I tried every potty training book, video, and online advice I could use. I was determined he would poop in the potty before he turned four. And guess what? He will be four on July, 8th. He had been telling me all along that he would when he was older (meaning four). How would he poop before today? I know that is what you are all thinking. Well, we hung on to pull ups for that very reason. He successfully made his deposit tonight and he got to pick any toy he wanted from the "o" store. (Target) He has called it that since he was 2, b/c of the bullseye looking like the letter o. He picked out the hotwheels monster truck jam set...or something like that. He loves his hot wheels!! His last few words before pooping were..in a frantic voice...."ok, I think I can do it, it will only take me one push" Then when he was done it was "ok, I think I poop on Nanna's potty" He overthinks everything and is so serious, but I am finally at peace with the ordeal.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

WHOO HOO WYATT! I know that has been so hard! And I can't believe he is almost 4!

Amy R said...

That is soo awesome!! He is such a bog boy! Congrats!!

Amy R said...

I meant to say he is such a big boy!! The fingers work faster than the brain!!

Amy Barrett said...

THis is the funniest potty training stories I have ever heard. You have got to tell Ms. Jamie! She too will be so proud! Oh my goodness, this is hilarious!